
so much has happened since I last posted. School and work have definitely taken over...I am struggling to keep in contact with friends, both here and abroad and really not keeping in contact with my wonderful parents at all so of course this blog took a backseat.
I just got back from a wonderfully restful Thanksgiving in Hanson, MA with the wonderful Keefe family. This area of MA reminded me so much of Ashford, AL. Same people, just different accents.
With the elections over, I haven't kept up much with the news aside from this latest terrorist scare in Mumbai. I honestly don't have a reaction except that I'm as jaded and cynical as ever and wish Obama the best of luck dealing with Pakistan. I am however thrilled to have Clinton as Sec. of State. It makes me feel a ton better knowing she and Biden will be deal with national security issues.
Otherwise, life is intensely busy yet boring. If thats possible. I will not be going home for a year yet I haven't felt very homesick at all. I randonly feel pangs of missing my parents since I won't have seen them for about 6 months. I poured myself some coffee a while ago with my dessert and I immediately was reminded of how my dad loves to order coffee with dessert. I have become such a coffee addict mostly because my job is next to Peet's and i am always sleep deprived but also i think it makes me feel like my dad.
In some ways having them far away has made me way more independent though. I though I was independent going to school 1800 miles from home, but I realized i still depended on their advice and phone calls. Now I am much more decisive and learn to deal with stuff without having to whine to them. Although I still whine to my friends, thank goodness for them.
Carlos came up this past weekend for the Harvard/Yale game and we had a freezing but wonderful time. He met a lot of ZA and was very impressed by them I think. We also listened to a super fun band at the pub and I am going to hear them play again later this month. He also helped me with laundry since it was beyond critical. It was the first time in two months the magical meeting of quarters and few minutes of spare time coincided.
Only a week and half of classes left and if by some miracle I survive those, then finals. And then NYC. And then the carrot at the end of all this maddness is Japan! I really can't wait to see my parents, the house, the country, and start my internship.
2 comments:
Maria-
I'm still bouncing off the walls from your email this morning :D
anyway, I'm glad you've restarted this temporary exercise, and I hope you keep it up since I don't get to talk to you very often, and I would love more than anything to hear about what's going on in your life.
I can't believe you haven't seen your parents in nearly 6 months! that's hard-good for you for being so strong and independent.
I also read your post from over the summer about obama-the black guy, running for president, and I really agreed with what you had to say. You are a wonderful writer, friend.
It's good to hear that you've been keeping very busy, but again, please take care of yourself. and with only a week and a half, I can just imagine the stress levels at wellesley are out the roof. Keep trucking!! Next thing you know, you'll be roaming around Japan being like, how the hell did I get here?
miss you so much, as always.
yo. japan.
get on this.
Post a Comment