
So I've been back for about two weeks from my 6 week introduction to Japan. After the craziest, most stressful finals period ever, a fun-filled trip to NYC, and a missed flight to Tokyo, Carlos and I made it to Narita airport the day before Christmas. It was really nice to see our parents for the first time in about 6 months. I love their house in Yokosuka. Its decorated in a traditional Japanese style. We only spent about one night at home while Carlos was with us. We traveled to Hakanone, Kyoto, Tokyo, Nara, and Kamakura. It was kinda chilly but so wonderful to travel and see this beautiful and modern country. The people were insanely polite and a tad quiet but once I met some of my parents friends, I really started understanding their humor. I read about six great books and ate lots of amazing food. I also interned at the Naval hospital so that occupied the month of January for me but I had a fantastic time and got to tour some really interesting ships. It took me about a week to get back on a somewhat sane sleep schedule but I think I am finally getting there. I cannot wait to go back. But I definetely have some more books on my reading list before I go back since I am no where near getting a grasp on Japan's vast history.
No comments:
Post a Comment