Friday, January 8, 2010

back in Boston

After the craziest travel to Japan ever, two weeks in Hiroshima and Tokyo, then to New Hampshire for a few days...I am now back in Boston. I am living in Brookline/allston..subletting for the month of January. I was supposed to be in the North End but as soon as I got back to the U.S. I found out that apartment plan fell through so I spent a few days in beautiful and super quiet/peaceful Waterville with the sweet O'Connells. But I found another cheap place so here I am.
Its crazy- I always think of myself as such a loner sometimes but I think I have been trying to avoid being alone for a while now because I don't want time to think too much. Unfortunately this tiny apartment, along with having no thermostat, also has no TV or wireless. So after 24 here I am starting to get worried. I found a really cute, cozy quiet Korean Cafe on Harvard St. that has wireless so I have been here most of the day catching up on ZA stuff, pub emails and of course, job apps. Its only 3 weeks but somehow I am super worried about how I will be alone with myself. I need to borrow piles of DVDs and books from people and hope that will keep my me from getting in my head too much. Perhaps I will even cook some meals for myself. I just feel like I'm in this awful "in between" space...like I dont know where or what I'll be doing next year, living in someone else's place with their stuff is super weird so I can't sleep all that well, and I just wish we didn't have this weirdly long winterbreak- its too much time to think which detracts from the restful part. I just can't wait to get back to Wellesley- I think I'm addicted to the fast-paced bubble that it is and with ZA stuff, pub, babysitting, classes and hopefully job interviews, I hope to not have a ton of time to think and instead just enjoy the final semester with those that I truly care about.

No comments: